How does DIG use Agile Development techniques to add value?
We involve the customer in every step of the development project. By encouraging direct involvement of the business staff in frequent (and very brief) meetings, there is a greater chance that the developers will understand the client’s vision. Agile development focuses on shorter turnaround from concept to delivery. In this way the business sees the benefits faster and can adapt the business more readily to make the new software useful and productive.
We strive to provide the major advantages of the agile method:
- Transparency - By providing a unique opportunity for clients to be involved throughout the project.
- Early Delivery - Using the time-boxing technique, short iterations of 1-4 weeks, new features are delivered frequently, with a high level of predictability.
- Better Project Management - The cost of each iteration is predictable and limited to the amount of work that can be performed by the team in the fixed-schedule time box.
- Adaptability - While the team needs to stay focused on delivering agreed-to subset of the product’s features during each iteration, there is an opportunity to constantly refine and reprioritize the overall product backlog.
- Quality - By producing frequent builds and conducting testing and reviews during each iteration, quality is improved by finding and fixing defects quickly and identifying expectation mismatches early.
Find out if agile software development could be